Control Your Finances
First, have financial goals. No matter how big or small they are, financial goals will help you accomplish what you want, and when you want it.
Remember to think of how family, friends, work, environment and other factors that surround you impact your financial goals.
Whether you are interested in buying a car, sending children to school or college, having a nice vacation, purchasing a home, experiencing an enjoyable retirement, financial goals will help you achieve your desires.
- Write down your list of goals (what, when, why, whom).
- Quantify how much money it costs to accomplish each goal.
- Divide your goals into short, medium and long term.
- Identify key areas that will help you accomplish those goals.
- Take action! And don’t forget, having goals implies Living Below Your Means.
- Make any adjustments, as necessary.
Note: Choose a certain period of time (monthly, bimonthly, quarterly) to review your financial goals. Give feedback to yourself on how to improve on your goals.
Personal Financial Tips
- Pay your bills on time.
- Eat more at home and less out.
- Take your food to work.
- Forgo the ice cream store and pop popcorn at home.